The aim of the Summer School is to give a graduate-level introduction to
advanced ultrasound imaging and its theoretical basis. This includes the
concepts of linear acoustic systems, simulation, syntehtic aperture, and
pane wave imaging along with flow estimation The course consists of a set of lectures given by
international experts in ultrasound imaging and signal processing, and
a number of exercises following each lecture. The exercises utilize
and the Field II program
for the simulation of ultrasound imaging systems.
- Linear acoustics and k-space
- Imaging with dynamic focusing and apodization
- Flow estimation in conventional and fast systems
- Synthetic aperture B-mode and flow imaging
- Dual stage beamforming
- Coherence and ARFI imaging
- Plane wave imaging
- CMUT transducers
- Use of contrast agents
- Project work and hands on exercises
A working knowledge of Matlab
is needed to complete the exercises. No prior knowledge of the
ultrasound simulation program
Field II is needed, although it would be beneficial.
The course is open for Ph.D. students and researchers interested in
acoustics and medical ultrasound imaging.